Ibiza is a totally amazing place. Famous mostly for its turbulent clubbing culture and overnight parties, this island has got something more to offer to its visitors though, including wonderful sightseeing and un-spoilt beaches. Situated near Spain, this island can boast of crystal clear seas perfect for windsurfing and beautiful countryside with hidden Villages and pine forests. Ibiza offers you numerous opportunities to spend your time in a quaint way. But there is a list of things you definitely should not miss when visiting it.
- Visit Es Vedra Nature Reserve. This small island is great for taking a cruise and enjoying its famous sunsets. If you prefer active rest, try trekking and explore the rocks of the island. Es Vedra also has the mystic reputation of the place where magnetic power lines are concentrated.
- Take a walk in Ses Salines National Park. This park serves over 210 species of birds and 178 species of plant life, which can be found only in the Mediterranean. It embraces the southern part of Ibiza and the part of of the neighboring island of Formentera as well as the strait that separates the two islands in the Belearics chain. It is now the part of UNESCO’s list of World Heritage Sites.
- Explore Eivissa Dalt Vila. It includes a marvelous 14th century cathedral of Santa Maria d’Eivissa with its breathtaking view of the harbor and Necropolis of Puig des Molins, a cemetery with over 1000 years of history. Vila is situated in the oldest part of the town and is a protected area. Belonging to UNESCO World Heritage site, it also has marvelous examples of cobbled narrow streets and local architecture.
- Wander around the Hippie Market in Es Cana. Reminding us about the time it has been a hippie resort, this market offers you a vast variety of the jewelry and clothes perfectly fitting this island due to their brightness.
- Walk the streets of the old city at night. You’ll have the opportunity to watch Dalt Vila lit up with thousand color lights and enjoy the calm and relaxing atmosphere in small cafes. The night clubs, in contrary, are full of life and motion and you can spend the rest of the night in one if you want to dance.
- Visit Cafe Del Mar. This inspirational place is best for enjoying the atmosphere of Ibiza. The source of ideas for the music of the entire island was here. What is more, it’s a popular dating place attracting more and more people with its unique atmosphere.
- Co clubbing! Finally, this is the thing Ibiza is worldwide famous for. It’s one of the best party destinations in the world. Clubs like Eden and Es Paradis offer the great overnight parties and the best house and techno DJ’s of the world. In the summer the number of tourists is the highest.
- Get a tan at the beach club Bora Bora. The most popular beach club on Ibiza can host up to 5000 people. The tables are situated at the beach and the newest tracks are offered.
Travelined welcomes voices from many spheres. We publish pieces written by outside contributors with a wide range of opinions, which don’t necessarily reflect our own. Learn more or join us as a community member!